This post includes a few practical considerations regarding housing and parking for NAINConnect 2013.
New College Residence Rooms: [across the street from Multi-Faith Centre – conference venue, conference rate $38 – be sure to use rate code “NAIN2013” to insure rate and be in our block] These rooms are the closest to our programming in the Multi-Faith Centre.
- What’s included http://www.ncsummer.utoronto.ca/accommodations/whats-included/
- Photos http://www.ncsummer.utoronto.ca/photos/
Parking – Pay and Display Parking is $14 – 15 6am-10pm (M – F Daily Max). $6-7 M – F 4pm-6am Daily Max; Sat./ Sun. $6 -$7 [depends on lot] They may provide you with a Summer conference permit to park at Graduate House (Spadina & Harbord – entrance off of Glen Morris) but you would have to visit them at 100 College St. Rm 222 (parking is at the rear of the building through the east side of the building) – office hours are from 8:15am – 4:30pm Monday – Friday.
Comfort Inn Hotel, 15 Charles St. East Toronto: [6 -7 minutes away by car*, 22 minutes walking; $95 a night single/double per night plus tax]
- Services and Amenities http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-toronto-canada-CN228/Hotel-Services
- Parking is available, first come first served, $22.60 per day with in/out*
- Free Wireless High Speed Internet Access
Courtyard Marriott Hotel 475 Yonge Street Toronto [5 minutes away by car*, 22-3 walking; $115 per night plus tax. To book please visit http://cwp.marriott.com/yyzcy/unitedchurch/] http://www.marriott.com/hotels/fact-sheet/travel/yyzcy-courtyard-toronto-downtown/
- On-site parking, fee: 8 CAD hourly, 32 CAD daily, Valet parking, fee: 32 CAD daily, Off-site parking, fee: 8 CAD hourly, 27 CAD daily*
- Free wireless in rooms and public areas
*[note if you drive from hotel to the Multi-Faith Centre, you will need to pay on-campus parking also]
If arriving by air, be sure to check the cost of ground transportation from the airport to your lodging.
If you have a valid handicapped parking pass from out of province, it will be honored, but should be clearly visible on the windshield. In Toronto, permits are located on the bottom left hand corner.