Women of Spirit and Faith is an active intergenerational community nurturing the spiritual leadership of women from diverse spiritual perspectives and faith traditions. The co-founders met at the Parliament of the World’s Religions in Melbourne in December 2009, where they were inspired by the dynamic women’s voices, the emerging role of women as leaders and the rising interest in the sacred feminine. They envisioned an organization based on shared leadership, collaborative practices, circle processes, deep listening, mindfulness and compassionate action.
In just three years, WSF has anchored numerous events, media platforms and publications:
- Convened a series of Exploratory Conversations so that we could listen deeply to the needs, concerns and hopes of many women from diverse faith and spiritual perspectives.
- Convened a Leadership Retreat in November 2010 bringing together 30 diverse spiritual leaders from the U.S. and Canada for connection and action planning
- Convened “The Alchemy of our Spiritual Leadership: Women Redefining Power” – a large conference held in San Francisco in April 2011
- Published, collaboratively, the book Women, Spirituality and Transformative Leadership: Where Grace Meets Power in November 2011 (http://womenofspiritandfaith.
- Hosted more than 40 book events connecting with women across the U.S. and Canada – and more on the horizon.
- Launched The Divine Feminine blog as a collaborative platform for women’s voices (http://www.patheos.com/blogs/
- Convened a Young Leaders Retreat bringing together 28 women in April 2012 in Atlanta
- Produced a series of short inspirational videos featuring dynamic spiritual leaders and activists (http://womenofspiritandfaith.
- Engaged in collaborative partnership with numerous interfaith, faith-based and women’s organizations
- Offered social media platforms for connecting and community (https://www.facebook.com/
WSF will convene another large gathering November 7-10, 2013. “Alchemy: Occupy Your Sacred Self” will bring together almost 300 women of spirit and faith from across North America at the San Francisco Bay Sofitel for three days of circle dialogue, sacred experiences and collaborative spiritual action. http://womenofspiritandfaith.