NAIN Young Adult Scholarships
Every year our young adult committee puts out a call for submissions for young adults 18 -35 years old, to receive scholarship to attend NAIN and sit on the young adult panel.
2019 Call for Young Adult Scholars
The North American Interfaith Network (NAIN) is looking for Young Adults passionate about interfaith engagement in Mexico, Canada, and the United States. We are seeking Young Adults between the ages of 18 and 35 to participate in our 2019 Digital Connect on August 12, themed “Interfaith Community in a Polarized World.” The tension around the world has seen increased polarization, whether it be political, religious, economic, or social. What role will interfaith engagement and community building play in alleviating the tension fostered by polarization that leads to distrust, animosity, and alienation?
In addition to participating in the Digital Connect, up to four Young Adult Scholars will be given a scholarship of $750 to fly to Boulder City (just outside of Las Vegas) from November 7th (arrival) to the 11th (departure) to participate in a three-day retreat aimed at determining what direction NAIN will take as our organization moves forward.
We are looking for scholars, activists, and visionaries. We need young adults who are willing and eager to engage the world of interfaith community building.
Details for the Digital Connect:
- The Digital Connect will take place on August 12th starting at 9:00 am PDT, 10:00 MDT, 11:00 CDT, 12:00 EDT and 1:00 ADT. It will be three hours in duration.
- Successful applicants will present at the Young Adult Plenary during the Connect about the role of young people in interfaith engagement
- For information about how NAIN has addressed the issue of polarization see http://www.nain.org/our-piece-of-peace.html
Details for the Envisioning Retreat and Scholarship:
- Up to four scholars will be given a $750 scholarship to offset the costs of travel to, and lodging in, Boulder City to participate in the NAIN Envisioning Retreat
- Recipients will receive their scholarships after they have conducted their workshop or presentation at the Digital Connect
Submissions should include the following:
- 150-300 word proposal about the role of Young People in Interfaith Engagement
- Resume and/or Curriculum Vitae
Please send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Submissions is June 21st, 2019.